We specialize in helping mid to senior level executives retire from publicly traded energy companies.
Working with our energy executive clients over the years has given us an in-depth perspective of the unique challenges and opportunities you face in your industry. We understand periods of rapidly changing commodity prices that can magnify your exposure to company-specific risks, which may put your long-term financial goals at risk.
We understand these risks may be further magnified during retirement, especially if you retire with concentrated exposure to the energy sector.
Given these risk factors, maintaining a secure and enjoyable retirement is a concern you may have as you get closer to retirement.
We have extensive experience helping our clients navigate these types of uncertainties during their retirements.
Because of our experience managing retirement portfolios for energy executives and their families, we are able to offer our clients highly customized financial strategies tailored to their specific needs.
Financial Strategies To Help You Optimize Your Financial Picture:
We develop a comprehensive financial plan for your retirement decision that gives careful consideration to your specific spending goals and unique industry and company-specific risks you may face retiring from the energy sector
Diversification Strategies for Concentrated Positions
If you have a concentrated position in your company stock, we will develop and implement retirement income and diversification strategies that seek to reduce your commodity and company-specific risks over time
Company Benefits & Pension Analysis
Lump sum versus monthly payments. We can help you maximize the full potential of your pension and benefit plan to optimize your costs during retirement
We can help develop long-term investment strategies that include tax-efficiency (i.e., taking your individual tax situation into account when investing for you) as one of the primary goals. We can also coordinate with your CPA or tax professional for (NUA) Net Unrealized Appreciation Analysis and Roth Conversion strategies.
Estate & Other Tax Issues
If you have a complex estate and/or extensive tax issues, we can assist in building a qualified team of independent financial, tax, and legal advisors
Tax Efficient Cash Flow Planning
We consider many factors when developing an optimal withdrawal and cash flow strategy. Determining the optimal cash flow strategy can greatly impact the probably of not outliving your assets.
As a fully independent Registered Investment Advisor and fiduciary with over 25 years of experience, we have a legal obligation to put your interests first. Our fee-only model seeks to provide objective advice without the conflicts of interest commonly seen with banks, brokerage firms, and mutual fund companies.
In our experience, energy executives who have spent their careers subjected to the price swings in oil and gas deserve nothing less.
- We believe advice that is truly independent and objective is the only advice you can trust.
- To eliminate the conflicts of interest commonly seen with advisors employed by banks, brokerage firms and mutual fund companies, we work directly for 100% of our clients on a fee-only basis.
- We do not receive any fees or commissions from any financial products or from any transactions whatsoever.
- Should you need tax or legal advice, we can introduce you to independent CPAs and estate attorneys.
- While we would coordinate our services and strategies with these other advisors, they would work directly for you on a fee-only basis.
- To eliminate potential conflicts of interest, your tax and legal advisors would not be employed or controlled by our firm, nor would we have any fee sharing arrangements with them.
Find out if The Goff Financial Group is right for you.
If you would like us to contact you about any of the issues mentioned above, please complete this form, and one of our Financial Advisors will contact you shortly.