Investing for Individuals
Your Needs Are Important
Whether you need advice as a business owner, an executive, a retiree, or all of the above – we understand your needs as an individual. We understand that demanding schedules can leave you little time to look after financial matters. That’s why we are committed to being your advocate, a commitment that begins on day one.
As a unique individual, you have unique challenges. Meeting these challenges requires a realistic view of your finances. We can help you answer such questions as:
- Am I taking too much risk with my investments?
- Am I making sufficient returns on my money?
- How can I avoid outliving my money?
- Are my company-sponsored retirement accounts being managed in a manner consistent with my goals?
These are but a few of the factors affecting your financial future—and we’ll evaluate everything, providing you with a plan you can feel confident about.
Our Fundamental Approach
Value Investing. One component of our time-tested strategy is to invest in various stocks, bonds, and exchange-traded funds consistent with our clients’ financial comfort levels in mind. Applying our proprietary financial models, we calculate fair-value estimates based on a series of assumptions regarding the anticipated growth of the investments. From there, our decision to buy or sell is driven by our goals of reducing investment risks while increasing long-term returns.
Asset Allocation. Rounding out our strategy, we reduce risk by diversifying our client portfolios across various asset classes, which help our clients build long-term value while reducing their risks. By combining our value-based approach across a variety of asset classes, we can help our clients achieve greater growth and income with less risk.
Risk versus time. In achieving your financial goals, age and life expectancy are two key factors that should drive your investment decisions. Age and life expectancy determine your investment time horizon—the amount of time you intend to hold an investment. The more time you have, the more risks you can afford to take since you’ll have more time to recover from any potential losses.
By developing a diversified portfolio emphasizing value and income, we can help maximize your potential returns by prioritizing your financial goals and risk tolerance with your investment time horizon. And because that horizon changes, we’ll periodically re-evaluate to meet your needs.
A long-term relationship for long-term investors. The Goff Financial Group specializes in wealth management advice for corporate executives, business owners, and retirees. Our services are provided on a fee-only basis, ensuring objectivity with no conflicts of interest. Our services include:
- Comprehensive financial planning
- Professional management of personal portfolios, IRA and retirement assets, trusts, and foundations
- Independent advice on employee benefits, including 401k plans, deferred compensation plans, and company stock options
- Tax-efficient investment strategies
- Integrated financial strategies that coordinate the full value of company-sponsored benefit programs with our client’s overall financial situation
- Investment recommendations for deferred compensation plans and company retirement plans that complement other investment accounts
- Managing or diversifying a portfolio concentrated in company stock
- Preparing for and executing the sale of company stock under SEC Rules 144 or 145
- Stock-option strategies for the exercise of both non-qualified stock options and incentive stock options
- Planning and structuring personal finances in anticipation of a corporate merger or sale
- Financial and investment planning in advance of a public offering
- Coordination of services with our client’s CPA, estate attorney, and other tax and legal advisors
Maintaining your lifestyle. We understand retirement planning and the concerns surrounding it. What is your definition of financial security? How much will you need to maintain your lifestyle without outliving your assets? Will you need to provide for another dependent’s financial or educational needs? Will you have enough to cover unforeseen events or expenses?
Factoring in retirement income, healthcare expenses, Social Security, and estate planning, we can put together a comprehensive strategy structured specifically for your unique income needs, risk tolerance, and long-term financial goals. We even include a Probability of Success Analysis, which calculates the likelihood of achieving your goals and provides steps for dramatically increasing those odds.